Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dishwasher with water softener? 96ppm

Posted by tncraft (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 12 at 11:14

I am trying to figure out if I should buy a dishwasher with water softener. The water hardness in our area is around 96ppm (or 5.6gpg). With this water hardness, would you buy a dishwasher with water softener?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dishwasher with water softener? 96ppm

Are you going to have a softener for the house as well?

o

No, we will not have a softener.

o

You really should put in a whole house system. Your water heater and all of your plumbing fixtures will experience premature wear without it. Not to mention the PIA water spots and deposits on the exterior of those plumbing fixtures that are just a portion of what's happening inside them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here