Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gaggenau Combi Steam Oven 200 vs 400 Series

Posted by jgyer57 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 28, 14 at 11:12

We are planning to get a combi steam oven as part of our kitchen remodel and wanted to know if there are any differences (beyond cosmetic) between the 200 and 400 series? It appears as if the 200 series has been discontinued and I can't find out on the internet why it was discontinued.

Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gaggenau Combi Steam Oven 200 vs 400 Series

It was discontinued because Gaggenau made upgrades. It happens all the time with all manufacturers

Main upgrade points.

Handleless door with automatic door opening.
Max temperature increases from 450 to 550 degree F
The grilling area increases, Gagg now calls it full surface grilling.
Capacity increases from 1.6 to 1.7 cu ft

Plus there are some obscure added options adding to the versatility for the hardcore foodie.

o

Does anyone know the differences between the BS271630, which I think was two models ago and the model 270610 in the 24" Gaggenau combi steam oven? I think the model ending in 610 is more recent than the 630 but I'm not sure how the 610 and 630 differ.

o

610 and 630 are just finish codes.

610 = stainless
630 = aluminum

200 series has monochrome screen with push buttons, 400 series has color touch screen.

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Fri, May 9, 14 at 9:21

o

Great, thanks! -Christy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here