Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliances - Need Help-Where can I save if I have too?

Posted by jean61 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 10:58

Here are a few we are considering.... what have you heard about these?

KitchenAid Architect Series II Monochromatic Stainless Steel Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator - KFCS22EVMS
Abt Model: KFCS22EVMS 2740.00
or

KitchenAid Pro Line Series Counter Depth Stainless Steel Bottom Freezer Refrigerator - KFCP22EXMP
Abt Model: KFCP22EXMP 2992.00

Also...We are going to price either samsung or LG refrigerators as long as they are 70 and above in height!

Electrolux 30" Stainless Steel Built-In Electric Oven - EW30EW55GS 1999.00 I believe this is what everyone is calling the wavetouch...as it has wavetouch panel. I would get two of these if I go with rangetop??? one if we get a free standing range -then by the drawer microwave. Will consider what others are doing with the combining the Wavetouch with a GE Advantium...if someone has a pic of what they look like together???

Electrolux ICON 36" Pro-Style Stainless Steel Gas Range - E36GF76JPS 5199.00

BlueStar 36" RCS Series Pro-Style Free Standing Stainless Steel Gas Range - RCS366V1
Abt Model: RCS366V1 haven't gotten quote - thinking it's around 5500.00????

BlueStar 36" Pro-Style Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop - RGTNB364GV1 this I don't know yet what to expect? I'm guessing $3000.00????

GE Monogram 36" Professional Gas Stainless Steel Cooktop - ZGU364NDPSS
Abt Model: ZGU364NDPSS

Electrolux ICON Professional E36GC76GPS.
36" Pro-Style Gas Rangetop with 6 Sealed Burners Including 2 Min-2-Max Burners, Continuous Grates, Electronic Ignition/Re-Ignition and Included Accessories $2699.00

KitchenAid 36" Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop - KGCU463VSS
Abt Model: KGCU463VSS $2821.00

Bertazzoni CB36600X $1999.00 should I consider a different model?

Sharp 30" Stainless Steel Microwave Drawer - KB-6525PS
Abt Model: KB6525SS $819.00

Bosch 24" Evolution Series Stainless Steel Undercounter Dishwasher - SGE63E15UC
Abt Model: SGE63E15SS $900.00

Need Hood...want something that 42" and fan is in attic if possible. We will have closed cell installation so we need to check with someone if that is ok??

I see a lot of people are buying... elctrolux wavetouch as I am thinking but they are using GE Advantium above it...does anyone have a pic of this combo together?? how does it look?

plus under counter beverage center: Marvel beverage center...1200.00

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliances - Need Help-Where can I save if I have too?

I just saw this on line for this price which is cheaper than any 36" range I have seen so far. I don't know the price of the bluestar yet...but here is Viking 36" Professional Custom Series Stainless Steel Freestanding Gas Range - VGIC5366BSS
Abt Model: VGIC5366BSS for 4749.00

Has everyone found that buying a rangetop and 2 ovens is going to be cheaper than a range and one wall oven....Can I just stop looking at 36" ranges because of this factor?

And if that's not the case...is Viking something I should consider?

o
RE: Appliances - Need Help-Where can I save if I have too?

For fridge my first choice would be Samsung and KA second. The highest FD Samsung is 69 7/8". JD Powers has Samsung #1 for FD five years now,more features than KA,and IMO better interior.KA is solid with good reputation among appliance repair men.LG has reputation for being quiet.

Marvel BC are excellent,made in the USA,but are a bit noisy. Liebherr RU-500 is ~$1500 very quiet and energy efficient.Perlick is the best and very quiet but ~$3K. Perlick sells their scratch'n dent factory direct at up to 60% off on their website. Made in USA. Liebherr made in Germany or Austria.

It is about $5500 for Bluestar RNB range not the RCS. RCS has 15k btu power burners while RNB has 22k.RGTNB364GV1 is the rangetop and should be around $3k but there is also a cheaper cooktop without full motion grates and drip tray that is cheaper. Both have 22k btu burners. The cooktop is BlueStar RBCT365BSS about $2.1K. I would only consider the RNB range,BS rangetop and cooktop.

A lot of us have purchased refurbished Sharp MW drawers on ebay for $499 without problems.

Bosch dishwaser,Electrolux wall oven,and GE advantium are good choices.

Maybe Kas can weigh in on ventilation but I don't see how closed cell insulation affects which hood you get. It may affect your decsion to purchase a make up air system(MUA).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here