Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inexpensive cabinet for rangetop and wall ovens

Posted by dmoczulski (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 12 at 10:53

Hi everyone. Been lurking for a long time and love the input and opinions you all provide. Now it's time for my first question.

We're buying a new house and closing on it next week. We don't have the funds for a full kitchen remodel yet, but we plan on doing it in a year or so. However, in researching what the wife wants, we came across a deal too good to pass up. Our local Wolf distributor has display models of the wall ovens and 48" rangetop my wife wants that were pulled during a showroom remodel. We can buy these items at about 50% off what they cost new at the local dealers. So we couldn't pass it up! We're going to try to retrofit them in the current kitchen for the time being.

So we don't want to spend ridiculous money on cabinets to put them in/on and just end up throwing those cabinets away in a year or so. So what's our cheapest option for cabinets for a 48" Wolf rangetop and double wall ovens? The distributor suggested Ikea. Is a good option for the rangetop getting 2 24" cabinets and just trimming them to fit the top? Any other suggestions on cheap cabinets we could use for the time being?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inexpensive cabinet for rangetop and wall ovens

I don't suppose you could also nab the cabinets coming out of the showroom remodel?

Ikeafans.com can probably help you out with the Ikea question, though. (Also the kitchens forum here on GW if you haven't tried there.)

o

Unfortunately, no. I asked about that. The way it's setup, it's all or nothing with the cabinets. At this time, I don't need all those cabinets :)

I'll take a look at the kitchen forum (haven't browsed any other than appliances) and Ikeafans, thanks for the suggestions.

o

What's in the kitchen now? Presumably there are some cooking appliances there now that you'll have to remove. Any way to modify the existing cabinets?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here