Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abh2_gw

Feedback on New DCS, Capital Precision?

abh2
12 years ago

I've now narrowed down my search to a range (all gas,30). I'm most interested in the new model DCSs (like the rolling rack, grates, halo lights), but would also like feedback on Capital's Precision. Can't see one in person (even in Atlanta), also wondering about the simmer as compared to DCS. Thanks!

Comments (7)

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    12 years ago

I just purchased a 30" Capital Precision GCR305L all gas range. I've had it for 3 weeks or so, it replaced a GE propane range. So far I am pleased with it. I love the continuous grates, the stainless is high quality, the wok burner rocks my world, the oven is fantastic for pizza, cookies baked very nicely. And it is gorgeousssss!

I do miss the simmer burner on my old GE range, I am sorry to say. While the burners are amazingly precise, my Calphalon tri ply soup pot won't stay at a simmer on the lowest setting, I need to find a simmer plate on Amazon. I had a hard time making rice the other day in my old disc-bottomed Cuisinart 2 quart sautee pan which I have been using for rice for 10+ years.

I am contemplating purchasing a couple of smaller Le Creuset pots to see if they will solve the simmer problem. For anything that doesn't need a simmer, it is fantastic. You can see it in on my blog below. A slightly more recent post has photos of pizza.

Here is a link that might be useful: blog post about my range

• abh2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for your feedback, very helpful!! And good luck finding a solution to your simmer problems. It is a beauty. And I have to say, my and my husband's jaws dropped at your pizzas. Is that the infrared broiler? You see, I used to live in Naples, IT and you just don't see pizza crust like that from a home range (though I've read of people using the self clean cycle to get it hot enough). Anyway thanks.

And if any has the new DCS range would love to hear about it!

• weissman
    12 years ago

I have a 10 year old DCS and am very pleased with it. It has dual stacked burners and the simmer is amazing. I've left things on by accident and nothing has every boiled down or burned on. The people who founded DCS then went on to start Capital but they don't use the dual stacked burners on the Capital ranges for some reason.

• eandhl
    12 years ago

My DCS is about 3 1/2 yrs old and I don't think you can beat the simmer on the dual stacked burners.

• elyash
    12 years ago

I will be seeing the new CC duel fuel tomorrow at the Architectural Digest Home Show in NY. Are you interested in that one?

• abh2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all- I think I am just going to have to take the plunge and order the DCS. Can't wait! And thanks Avidchef, the CC duel fuel is a bit out of reach and also more than I need. Hope you enjoy the home show!

• sas95
    12 years ago

Another vote for the DCS. We have been very happy with ours.