Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cooktop and oven help!!

Posted by tonytan28 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 10:31

I need some help!

I have a rather old D'amani cooktop and a PYE oven. The cooktop is on top of the oven. When I turn on the cooktop or the oven separately, they work fine by themselves.

But when I turn them both on at the same time, they both switch off after a couple of seconds. I then have to go to the main fuse box in the house and flick the switch back on.

This happens over and over again.

I am not sure if the cooktop is faulty or the oven is faulty. Any ideas? And how can I fix this problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cooktop and oven help!!

Is this a "recent problem", IE have you been able to use both the oven and the cook top at the same time, prior to your post here?

If so, It could be that the circuit breaker/breakers are getting weak and tripping at less than the current value they are rated for, (IE they are tripping at 25 Amps instead of 30), or whatever.

I did have that happen with the AC in my house. I Replaced the breaker with the SAME value Breaker, and no more problems.

DO NOT!!!!!!! INSTALL A HIGHER VALUE BREAKER THAT WHAT IS IN THERE NOW!!!!!! That could cause a fire!!!!!!

Gary

o
RE: Cooktop and oven help!!

If this has always been a problem, then its an overloaded circuit. A job for an electrician.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here