Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you know what this part is called?

Posted by zamber8 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 4, 12 at 10:31

There is a black gasket/seal that runs along the outside of the glass top on my Kenmore range. It prevents crumbs from getting underneath the top. This has come loose in one section on the stove and I can see below the glass now.

I need to replace/fix it however I'm having a hard time finding out what this part is called and how I would go about fixing it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you know what this part is called?

Look up your model number a SearsPartsDirect.com. I do it for you, but you didn't include the required piece of info.

o

The model number is 629.46775693. When I enter it on the sears part website it pulls up 629.46775690 which doesn't look like my stove and I don't see the rubber seal on the diagram.

Thanks

o

I think it's either a seal strip or a part they don't sell without the entire top portion of the stove top. I would call Sears Parts and find out what the part is called and if it is available for purchase by itself. Get the part name, part number & price. Then check the appliancepartspros.com website for a price comparison. When ordering a part for our Kenmore washer, APP was significantly less expensive & the part shipped out & delivered faster.

Hope this helps!

o

RepairClinic.com brings up your specific model, but shows a cooktop glass with black trim, not white (or almond or bisque?). Listed as Part Number 5706X164-09, $375. Searching by the part number, Sears lists $231.33. PartsTap.com $257.54.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here