Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wall oven replacement

Posted by ilene-84 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 10:26

When I cleaned my Kenmore wall oven first time glass had white steaks all over it.... after repair came and said problem with oven. long story made shorter they are replacing oven with a10% restocking fee (oven is 1 year old) will also have to pay for installation because my contractor did the installation. I'm not sure how long we will be in the house (DH is talking about moving, I'm not... Love my house), he asked me if a convection oven it's better for resale? All other appliances are Kenmore elite, should I upgrade to convection oven now?? Do you think it's better for resale? My kitchen came out beautiful, neighbor who is real estate saleswoman commented how it increased value of my house by 40-50,000 (I did budget update, before appliances cost 13,000. Your suggestions will be appreciated.... oh the glass on the convection oven is darker, so if glass is dirty I don't think it would show as much too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wall oven replacement

IMO buyers seldom look closely at appliances. If they look nice, and are relatively new, they will be impressed. Of course, if your prospective buyers are enthusiastic cooks, they will note the lack of convection oven as a small negative. I really don't think the convection or lack thereof will add to the value of the house, or increase chances of resale. We bought our present home 18 months ago knowing that the appliances needed to be replaced.

Cheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here