Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

GE vent hood needs to be raised--can it happen?

loves2read
11 years ago

We bought vacation house in FL this past spring where the owners had done a big kitchen remodel. The electric glass cooktop has a GE SS vent hood with what looks like an extension added to part that drops from ceiling...

The bottom of the vent hood is curved and the corners are just too low--
I have hit my head on it several times and my daughter in law who is 5'10" or so hit her head really hard twice at Christmas...
I am afraid I will forget how low it is one time and poke my eye or get serious scalp wound...

We tried to get the electricians who did work on house right after we closed to raise it but they said not their type of work...they recommended a guy who installs kitchen appliances but after seeing pictures of the vent, he said we needed an HVAC guy who could work with sheet metal...
Our daughter had her AC guy who does commercial and residential come out after Christmas but he said he couldn't do it either...he said get an electrician...
So when I was in FL at the house a week or so ago, I called the company who did the kitchen remodel...they were nice and took the information for the specific vent hood--said they didn't need photos cause they had them from the job...and were supposed to get back to me a week ago...and haven't...
So I am calling them again...

BUT if they can't /won't do the work--who should I contact next?
I don't want to have to take this vent down and install another one just to have one 3 inches taller...but I also don't want to impale myself on the corner either...

Comments (7)