Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf/Sub/Bosch.... making sure!

Posted by kce2012 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 20, 12 at 9:46

Posted here a few weeks ago about choosing the package for my new house and after much useful feedback, I went with the following:

Wolf 48" 4-burner / double griddle range top
Bosch 800-series double convection ovens
Bosch 800-series convection MW
Bosch 800-series integrated DW
SZ 48" built-in fridge w/external dispenser
Vent-A-Hood 900 CFM cabinet liner/blower

Was able to get all the above for under $20k with tax and certified installation; extending the warranty to 3-years. I'm happy but just wanted to make sure that I didn't leave anything out or overlook anything. I know I got a lot of suggestions for Miele but the price difference over Bosch is significant to say the least, especially on the ovens.

Does anyone have experience with the double griddle? I thought about the 6-burner and single griddle but I think I'll get much more use out of the double griddle than the extra two burners.

Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf/Sub/Bosch.... making sure!

What was the decision factor on the Bosch ovens? I am stuck on my double oven decision (Wolf, Thermador, Dacor or Bosch) so interested in your thoughts on the Bosch. I am going with the SZ 42" BI w/ disp but even with the rebate, not sure I can also splurge on the ovens with a Wolf.

o

Where are you getting them from? My appliances are similar but we got a quote for 24K!

I'm doing double griddle also bc a few folks I know say the single is just too small to do anything with.

o

Decision factor on the Bosch specifically compared to the Wolf is price. The Bosch is less than half the cost of the Wolf and since we don't bake a lot, I could not justify it. Also, the Bosch oven has a huge capacity (4.7cf) for when we do use it. With regards to Thermador, the Bosch is the same as both the pro and the Masterpiece but the pro has a rotisserie and the analog clock... I have a DCS grill with a rotisserie so I don't need it. I also looked at Dacor and I didn't want to mix too many names especially since we're going with a double oven & MW stacked... and again price as a factor. Bottom line, Bosch has excellent reviews and I was able to up the warranty to three years so that was a big plus.

I bought my appliances at Factory Builder Stores in my area (Southlake, Texas). The reason for the relatively low price is that I got a new SZ fridge that was ordered and never delivered so that was discounted a couple of thousand bucks and Bosch is currently running a 15% rebate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here