Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dacor or Wolf Double Wall Ovens??? Help!!!

Posted by superboat21 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 9:36

I need to make a decision on double wall ovens so cabinets and electrical can be finalized, and I can't decide between Dacor and Wolf...

The Wolf model would be DO 30F/S

The Dacor model would be RO230S

I'd appreciate any advise or experience owners of these products can provide, both good and bad...

Many thanks!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dacor or Wolf Double Wall Ovens??? Help!!!

My neighbor speaks of the long pre-heat time on her Dacor double electric ovens for what that's worth. I don't know the specifics, you might wish to check their spec data. I also don't know how long Wolf double oven 30"s take to preheat: maybe someone will chime in.

There's been a few oven threads discussing maintenance of heat on electric ovens, once having been set, and variation with oven thermometers. Might wish to search for those here.

o

ALmost all high end convection ovens have long pre-heat times these days.

WOlf, Miele, Gaggenau, Monogram, are about 20 min. to come up to full even temp. Thermador has a special quick heat function at 10 mins. or less but their oven are less reliable in general so not worth the feature in my book.

If you're REALLY in a hurry use the microwave or telephone. It's not as if you can't so something else productive while the oven is heating whether it takes 6 minutes or 22.

o

Wolf has dual fans which gives it the edge for me in evenness. I have Wolf 36 inch oven in my range and it takes 20 minutes to preheat but I always turn it on in advance to equilibrate past the 20 minutes.

I also had a Dacor oven 5 years ago but you can search that name on the forum to read a variety of experiences.

I also have an 30 inch Electrolux wall oven and it is right in there in function with the Wolf. It bakes very evenly, even in the conventional mode. It preheats to 350 in about 7 minutes. I turn it on about 30 minutes ahead if I am baking something that needs to be very even though.

Whatever you do when getting an oven with electronics, get the longest extended warranty you can-the boards are very expensive to replace. Run the self clean right away to make sure the electronics survive the heat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here