Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryhmaryh

Liebherr Icemaker Question

maryhmaryh
16 years ago

We just installed our 24 inch Freestanding Liebherr Refig/Freezer with icemaker a few days ago. The icemaker seems to take along time for each batch of cubes and the cubes it produces are small and alot don't seem fully shaped.

Does anybody have this refrig with the icemaker - is this normal?

Thanks,

Mary

Comments (9)

• sienne_c
    16 years ago

Mary:

Could you be a bit more specific? How long is the icemaker taking? The cubes are small - certainly smaller than those from my old icemaker.

• eyemhip
    16 years ago

I have the same model Liebherr as you and yes the cubes are small and it does take a long time to fill up the drawer.For two people it's fine.For a family,I do not think the supply would meet the demand.If the cubes are not fully shaped you might want to make sure your frig is level.

• piegirltoo
    16 years ago

Ours was over filling and froze up the entire assembly.

There is an adjustment knob, apparently, that controls the amount of water that is delivered. It's actually a timer of some sort that is not easily accessible. Our repair person had to adjust it a couple of times. It's still pretty slow, but adequate for us. I also wonder if opening and closing the ice drawer somehow activates the ice maker. It's all very mysterious to me!

Be careful; overfilling can break your ice maker!

• nanapeg
    16 years ago

The 48" in Liebherr refrigerator is on my "short list." Would you recommend the brand and the company even though the ice maker has presented some challenges???
    THANKS... Peg

• piegirltoo
    16 years ago

I would. However, we have had it only since October (30 inch built-in).

I love how it is sleek, rather than bulbous, and I love the simplicity of it. It's very quiet.

Husband loves it too.

• mrbiswas
    16 years ago

I have the 48 inch bio fresh. It has been in since August, 2007 and works really well. On the ice maker, the drawer must be pushed in all the way to engage the magnet. The new cubes are quite small and are produced roughly every 2 hours depending on the temperature at which you have the freezer set. I had a problem around December where it seemed that the cubes were not releasing properly. I called Liebherr's 800 number and somebody walked me through a test to see if it was functioning properly. This sorted it right out and they were very good at explaining how it worked. I can't say enough good things about the particular unit we bought. Vegetables and fruit keep so long that it is almost spooky, and it is so well lit that absolutely nothing gets lost. While it is very different from the traditional fridges we have had in the past, I would not hesitate to get another one of these in a future home. Hope this helps.

• sienne_c
    16 years ago

I'm with Mrbiswas! I have the 30" and it is incredible. I couldn't believe it was actually on once I plugged it in -- it was so quiet. The 30" doesn't have the Biofresh and it still keeps veggies fresh for an incredibly long time. I had a party a few weeks ago and people kept opening the Liebherr out of curiosity and one of my friends cancelled her order for a SubZero to order the Liebherr. It takes a little getting used to given the shelf arrangement but I love this 'frig.

• tapioca
    16 years ago

Getting back to the original question. I found that overtime the ice cubes developed a normal shape. They're small but I prefer them that way. As for production, we feel ours overproduces. Perhaps we use less ice cubes than most but it's definitely churning out more cubes than we ever need.

• markus_haefeli_bigpond_com
    12 years ago

We have recently installed a side by side Liebherr fridge and are having some problems with the ice maker. When the ice gets dropped we do not have individual cubes but one slab of ice. Does anyone have a fix for that? thanks