Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Profile/Cafe/Monogram Handle Swapping?

Posted by swan01 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 8:43

We are getting al GE appliances (employee-related discount we can't pass up). We are getting all Cafe except an Advantium undercabinet installed in the peninsula. I was going to get the most expensive Monogram Advantium but I understand the oven is pretty much identical to the Profile Advantium except for the appearance. They do not have a wall Advantium in the Cafe line. Has anyone had luck swapping out handles or doors? Our designer suggested asking GE but their customer service is closed on weekends. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Profile/Cafe/Monogram Handle Swapping?

Some one did this - but I don't remember who it was.

o

There's a whole thread about doing this! With elaborate how-to instructions and photos. I'm considering the same thing. The European-style Monogram door is reasonably compatible appearance-wise with the Cafe line (though the handle is thinner), and the whole door can be swapped onto the substantially less expensive Profile Advantium, and is amazingly inexpensive as a part (the complete door assembly can be had for well under $100). The "pro-style" door protrudes more from the body of the oven than the other two styles, though the handle is nicer and even more like the Cafe handle. Don't know if the handles are interchangable if you keep the doors, or for that matter if a handle from a 30"w electric Cafe wall oven will fit on an Advantium door.

Here is a link that might be useful: Advantium Door Swapping

o

Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here