Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Panel Ready Dishwasher

Posted by andersog (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 3, 14 at 8:35

Looking at either a Bosch or Miele panel ready dishwasher. I'd prefer the Bosch as they are cheaper, but have heard about issues fitting into the space.

Any reco's for both brands based on experience?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Panel Ready Dishwasher

I'm not sure what you mean by "best" - best for paneling, best cleaning, best loading? But I have a paneled Bosch 800 series dw and it's great (better than any dishwasher I've ever had before - we chose the Bosch because we didn't want to spend the extra $$ on the Miele). We did read the threads about the sizing issues and made sure to point it out to the GC, but it worked out fine. I don't have a good picture handy, but I can take one later (I can also tell you the exact size of the space, and of the panel, if you want).

o

No need for picture but would love to get the sizing information if its not too much trouble. Thank you for your help.

o

I sent myself a reminder!

o

Andersog, the panel measures 23 3/8 x 29-3/4 (full coverage. - the controls are on the top) and the opening measures 23-11/16 x 30. Hope that helps.

o

I should add - note that the opening is only 23-11/16, not the "standard" 24". We were aware of the issue before the cabinets were installed, and informed the contractor, so he just shifted things around so the opening would be 5/16 smaller (otherwise, too big of a gap around the panel) -- I guess that means the fillers at the two ends are each slightly less than 1/8" bigger.

o

Thank you!

o

Sjhockeyfan, could you share the model number of your dishwasher? Also, does it have a softener in it? If so, what does that entail? Thanks so much.

o

Barbarav, I happen to have the receipt right here in my desk drawer! The model number is SHV68T53UC (we also had to get something called a "D/W Kit for Non-Ascenta" model no. SMZPC002UC ($20 extra)). I paid $899 for the D/W and it cleans like a champ.

o

Sj, that's the one I'm looking at. Are your cabinets custom? I'm looking at ikea cabs and need to check sizes of their cabinet doors/appliance covers, so thanks so much for the measurements. What was the kit for? Thanks again for your help.

o

Barbara, my cabinets were semi-custom, they're Bellmont 1900 series, regular factory made cabinets, but they'll change the dimensions on anything you ask for. We just sent them the specs for the Bosch DW panel. As it turned out, they initially made and sent a panel for the wrong model altogether (one with the control panel on the front). They remade it and the new one fit perfectfly. Here's a picture.

I don't know what the kit was for, but I'll see if I can find out.

o

Sj, I LOVE your cabinets!! Beautiful. And thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here