Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse

Recommendations for a mid-range dishwasher

smalloldhouse
10 years ago

I have a very small kitchen and am finally getting ready to renovate. I need to replace the dishwasher which is an ancient Whirlpool that has never given us any trouble. I have no need/interest in lots of different cycles; I've probably used something other than "normal" on my current dishwasher 10 times in 10 years. Quiet would be nice since the kitchen is a galley open on either short end to other rooms, but we mostly run it at night so I don't need absolute silence. I tend to rise dishes heavily before loading, and I don't care tons about heated dry (but want a machine that won't leave me with a pile of sopping dishes in the AM.)

I did a lot of research before buying a new fridge (the taller KA CD model) and range (the GE Caf� double oven range with the smaller oven on top), and I'm very happy with both. I haven't focused on dishwashers to date mostly because I figured I might need a drawer model because the room is so narrow (7.5 ft), but our final layout involves recessing the fridge and leaves the dw with plenty of clearance.

A Miele would be a budget-buster, and dishwashing doesn't rank high enough on priority list to do that! So I'd love any feedback on a good reliable dw. Thanks for any recommendations!

Comments (4)