Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele speed oven with other brand underneath?

Posted by bluefin19 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 7:57

Does anybody out there have stacked ovens that are not the same brand? Would you recommend it?

I would really like to get the Miele speed oven (Classic), but don't want to pay $4200 for the 30" Miele wall oven, since the big oven will only be used occasionally. But I am afraid that differing brands on top of each other will be too distracting, trims won't match, etc...

Do I just need to bite the bullet and get 2 Mieles?

btw: This site has been a great source of info. We're completely remodeling our kitchen and I would be LOST without this site. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele speed oven with other brand underneath?

I have this in one kitchen with a monogram oven below.

It really depends on what's selected. A Gaggenau oven below will not match very well.

What you need to be mindful of is the clearances needed for the reg oven before another appliance. The speed oven vents hot air from below and you don't want to suck that into the intake for your convection oven's cooling it's electronics. In the monogram's case, the space req. is around 2-3"

o

I have a GE Advantium Monogram and a Wolf - not a Miele but you can see that if you work with the appliance dealer to get the correct trims - it can work nicely.
 photo IMG_7309.jpg

o

Thank you, I hadn't even considered the venting issues. a2gemini, your ovens look great together! Do you like the Advantium? I was considering that one too, but love the idea of the Miele finish not catching fingerprints....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here