Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
36" radiant heat cooktop

Posted by sunnybunch (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 7:57

I was looking at the GE 36" cooktop which looks good with higher watts on the burners and choices of 3 sizes on largest burner at 3000 watts and 2 other burners you can choose the size. But I really wanted the bridge burner for a longer pan but the new GE profile doesn't offer the bridge. Any one use another brand or model with a bridge but also the real large burner you can choose 6/9/12" pan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 36" radiant heat cooktop

Radiant is last century's tecnology. Go induction.

o
RE: 36" radiant heat cooktop

Yep, go Induction, Look at the new Bosch, with the "Flexinduction", (really just "bridged hobs"), but you should be able to use some Gigantic cooking vessels on the bridged hobs.

I have the Electrolux Icon Induction cook top, and it's biggest hob, (11 inches I think), has no problem supporting the biggest cooking vessel that I own! Now maybe if I sat my bathtub on that hob, that big Hob might struggle a bit?

I had probably the fanciest radiant cooktop ever made, Caldera, Huge burners, bridged, had real timers etc etc.
The Induction cooktop blew that succer into the weeds.
Faster, more control, and best of all, cleaning, ( a "non event"), with induction, a REAL PITA with the old cooktop and never could keep it looking good, and stuff would get onto the control area, and finally "totaled that succer" in less than 2 years!

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here