Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
KitchenAid dishwasher - dirty glasses

Posted by marleycat25 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 7:39

Just replaced my 5 yr old Frigidaire dishwasher with a KUDS35FXSS kitchenAid..all the bells and whistles fully integrated..it's a beauty ..only reason for change was switched to stainless.. My old dishwasher worked great. Here's the dilemma ! This dishwasher does not clean well. It is super quiet, but silverware and glasses look awful. Called KitchenAid ..suggested running the hot water before starting, defeats the delay, use less soap and to use the hot scrub setting. Still have residue on wine glasses. Have to wash them all after taking them out. HELP.. Yes I am using liquid rinse aid.. I want my old dishwasher back... I am all for energy saving but not at the expense of clean dishes... Btw the cycle takes forever!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: KitchenAid dishwasher - dirty glasses

What detergent are you using? Since they removed phosphates a while back, people have experienced problems similar to yours. I would suggest trying Finish Quantum tabs - they work well and get good reviews.

o
RE: KitchenAid dishwasher - dirty glasses

I had the same problem with my dishwasher (LG)and had a tech come out and he was kind when telling my how simple the problem was to fix.

Do not use powders- buy the tablets that are sealed. The powders absorb moister and ruins the product.

Don't pre wash your dishes. Since they removed phalates, they replaced them with enzymes. The enzymes need something to eat so the dirtier your dishes are the better!

Also make sure your hose thats prob under your sink is high enough. Ours was too low so some of the gunk would back up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here