Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dishwasher collecting water

Posted by amav31 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 12 at 7:22

My 6 year old dishwasher has some water surrounding the mesh cover inside bottom. Not a lot ,maybe a cup of water. I removed the screws and took the mesh cover off to clean and I saw another container in the center. That was filled with water too. Is this normal.?
I thought it is normal for some water to remain at the bottom,but I never knew there was another container like thing(maybe it has a drain hole)also filled with water. This I am not sure. Did the pump give up?
Any suggestions are helpful.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dishwasher collecting water

This is more residual water than you've seen in the past?

It's unlikely the pump has given up unless the unit is full of water over the entire bottom of the tub up to a couple+ inches deep.

Citing the brand/model number would be helpful so responders to your question can know what kind of mechanism is involved and look up parts diagrams.

A picture of what you're seeing would also be helpful for referencing exactly how much residual water is involved.

o
RE: dishwasher collecting water

+1

also - look at the drain hose and make sure that it hasnt collapsed or become kinked. if the water cant get pumped out easily it can run back into the DW

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here