Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How loud is your Blue Star convection fan?

Posted by nycbluedevil (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 6:57

I love my Blue Star RNB. The only issue I have is that the convection fan is really loud. Not like background noise loud, but loud enough to be distracting. I don't know whether this is normal and before calling BS, I wanted to get feedback from BS owners first. How loud is yours?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How loud is your Blue Star convection fan?

This sounds abnormal. I have an RNB and the fan is not distracting. I need to look in the oven to see if it is running.

o

Agree with "mata". I have a 6 burner 36" RNB and I can hardly hear mine.

o

I called BS. They told me to first try to tighten the screws holding the fan cover on and to call back if still a problem. I tightened them and it sounds better but I definitely know it is running. Not that big a deal but maybe I will ask them to send someone out to check it.

o

Check to see if one or more of your oven racks is hitting against the fan shroud. This will cause a nasty vibration! Just pull the racks ever so slightly away from the fan cover and see if it goes away.

o

Out of level can most definately cause that too.

During my reno my bluestar was on a dolly and moved around a lot. It one point it was out of level and the fan was abnormally loud. After adjsting level it is back to normal. Mind you, mine is a 48", so there is probably more flex and twist in it than a 30 or even 36" would have. Worth a try tho.

o

Thanks ctydcm. I tried that but it is still pretty noisy.

o

Is it buzzing, vibrating or rattling or does it just sound like a fan? Mine sounds like a fan. I know it's when it is on, I can hear it. Sounds like a small fan inside my oven swirling the air around.

Use your phone or a camera to make a movie and post it somewhere. Since you can turn the fan on without turning on the heat stick the camera right up on in there.

No need to speculate!

-Stooxie

o

The fan blades heat up and warp. That can cause the noise as well. You can remove the fan blades and re-align them .

o

Mine is very loud with occasional buzzing / vibration sounds. The service guy thought he fixed it by tightening the screws to the fan shroud.

I'll check out the location of the racks. It's still under warranty, so I should probably call it in (again).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here