Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sub Zero Pro 48 VS BI and Integrated

Posted by kdizzle (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 4:42

Is there a reason why the SZ Pro 48 is more expensive than a Sub-Zero Built-In or Integrated Model that's relatively the same size?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sub Zero Pro 48 VS BI and Integrated

Pro 48 has all stainless steel interior. I "think" pro 48 has better capacity as well, I like the depth of it, maybe because it doesn't store things on the door.

o

You are not buying sq. in when you purchase a fridge !

The pro48 has more drawers and doors than the other models. Door hinges and drawer runners cost $.

Those drawers and doors are also clad in stainless steel skins, which cost $$. You don't pay sz for those when you order an integrated model.

The sides on a pro48 are also finished in stainless - more $$$. The reg built ins just have sheet metal sides.

There are also those beefy stainless handles - 6 of them adding $500- 1000 bucks to the price. There is also the glass integration to pay for if you select that.

It weighs more, so is more costly to pack and ship to you.

o

Very helpful. Thanks for the information!

o

just to follow up.. I have the pro48 and love it. If you get other subzeros you probably want the integrated look which subzero is famous for. pro48 has a more commercial look to it and i like being able to access everything with ease. the price is insane but i got a deal with a brand new looking "floor model". maybe you can try that too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here