Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wildturkey450

Replacing dishwasher door front

wildturkey450
12 years ago

My dishwasher has part of its controls within the top edge of the door and the rest of the controls contained within a slightly protruding dull black plastic housing across the top part of the door. I'm sure you know what I mean, this configuration is seen everywhere. The rest of the door is covered with this ugly, shiny black panel. This dishwasher is not the kind that is made for a front panel replacement. I'm redoing my kitchen with custom cabinetry using antique wood and this dishwasher will be an eye sore. I would like to replace it with a dishwasher made specifically for adding a cabinet panel to cover the entire door but unfortunately the budget must be spent elsewhere at this time. Anyway, the dishwasher is only about 5 yrs. old and does a great job washing dishes. I thought of replacing the black shiny panel with a wood panel but don't know how I would accomplish this. Any ideas? I could even use a punched tin panel within a wood frame as a replacement since this will be a country kitchen. I don't want to buy a panel kit as they are terribly expensive--might as well put that investment into a new dishwasher if I was going that route. I'm hesitant to start unscrewing this black shiny panel front off the door, if it is even possible. Anyone with some experience in this matter?

Comments (4)