Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
48' built in refrigerators vs. cabinet infill

Posted by MS2012designs (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 12 at 4:13

We just bought a house which has opening for 48" wide built in refrigator. The house came with all GE Monogram appliances. The reviews for GE Monogram 48"refrigerator are not that good, also this refrigerator is very expensive.
should we buy a good LG French door 36" wide by 72" high ref. or expensive one. also how do we fill in the 1'-0" gap on side and top if we go the smaller size refrigerator route.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 48' built in refrigerators vs. cabinet infill

It's designed for a built in and it will devalue the home to downgrade the appliances. Monogram isn't the only 48" built in available. And it's not as bad as the reviews would have you think. Only the most negative experiences get talked about. The quiet happy folks are in the majority.

o

I've doubt there are a lot of happy GE Monogram owners, or at least there are none who had a Sub Zero or Therm before. I for one outright hated my 42" GE Monogram fridge.

o

It stands to reason that there are plenty of satisfied Monogram fridge customers.

Otherwise, GE would cease production and focus on something they could actually sell.

Just sayin.

o

You can buy a GE Profile 48" built-in fridge at ~$1500 less than Monogram and the mechanicals are identical.That,I think,is the cheapest 48" built-in.

When people rate the performance of Monogram built-in fridges they are relative to Sub-Zero,Miele and other super high end fridges not to LG,Samsung and the like.

Having said that no line of fridges is lemon free. But these high end built-fridges have much longer warranties than standard fridges. Usually, 5 years for everything and 12 years for parts.

Putting in a 36 fridge where a 48" belongs will look like a Mercedes S-Class with three 20" wheels and one 14" space saver spare.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here