Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
side by side oven under 40"

Posted by moneypenny02 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 3:12

Hi,
We are about to get a new oven, and a double oven is a must. We will likely get double oven top & bottom, but ideally, I would like a side-by-side double if we can swing it in our price range. Unfortunately, we only have a 40" space in our kitchen, so it needs to be a 40" or less. So far, the only ones I have found are the Ilve Majestic (which looks amazing, but may be too expensive for us), the Kitchenaid (which has a side oven that seems to be too small for us--it doesn't appear wide enough for a baking sheet/casserole dish), and the Verona 36" (which seems to have two small ovens, and from reviews/comments it does not get hot enough).

Are there any other good options for gas ranges with side by side double ovens that are 40" or smaller? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: side by side oven under 40"

Look at top bottom instead, originated by the Maytag Gemini and best exemplified by the new GE Cafe double oven range. To get USABLE ovens side by side, you need 48''.

o

Side x side is not going to happen in 40" period.

48" can be done, but limits your options. 54" or 60" is what's needed for the broadest selection.

o

40.13" and under $2k

Here is a link that might be useful: Frigidaire

o

Thanks--If we stick with top/bottom we would get the GE (http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-6-8-cu-ft-Double-Oven-Gas-Range-with-Self-Cleaning-Oven-in-Stainless-Steel-JGB850SEFSS/204403784?N=c3nlZ5yc1v), which I think is good--but the lower oven is so low (true for all the double ovens we saw) that if I can fit a side-by-side that is reasonably-sized in the 45" space, then we would prefer that. We would need the larger oven big enough for a couple chickens or maybe small turkey or 6-8 qt dutch oven and the smaller oven large enough for baking sheet/ 9x12 casserole dish. If there are any good options that would fit those needs, I would love to hear!

o

That Frigidaire is a joke POS. First of all, it's Frigidaire. Second, see first point. Third, the reason they show a baguette in the skinny oven is it won't fit an actual loaf pan with enough air circulation around it.

o

Have you seen the Lacanache Cluny? It is a beautiful French range that is 39 3/8". There are many fans of these beautiful ranges. Choices of dual fuel or all gas or a mix. Link below to the US distributor. You can search and find quite a lot of posts about them and they have quite a following. The one pictures is the classic black with brass end caps but is available in all stainless or quite a few different enamel colors and different metal trims. This may be out of your price range but with the title of your post, I immediately thought of these beauties. Check them out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lacanache Cluny

o

We have had the electric version of the Kenmore (Friigidaire) for approximately ten years. I do almost all of my baking and cooking in the small oven without any problems, and will miss the convenience of the Kenmore when our kitchen is finally finished and our Gaggenau ovens get installed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here