Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Refrigerator

Posted by barbizon (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 1:00

On Feb. 28, 2014, delivery gentlemen slammed down the front of my new Sears Kenmore Elite refrigerator in the streets after tilting it back when removing the packaging from under the bottom. It is working properly, but I am concerned if there is some internal damage I may encounter later because of it. Should I return it and get another one before my 30 day return policy end?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Refrigerator

Hi,

That's a tough call. Even if he placed it gently at your house, who is to say how many times it was slammed down hard in the warehouse- on and off the truck, etc. I might wait a few weeks and if it's running fine than I would not return it but wait and see.

o
RE: New Refrigerator

I'm guessing that if it's going to "break" because they mistreated it it will probably happen during the warranty period (as opposed to the return period). Therefore, I would not return it now, especially since, as kitch said, you have no idea how many times any new refrigerator might have been plunked down harshly before it got to your driveway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here