Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Aid stove knob sensitivity

Posted by teeboo (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 23:57

Have purchased a KA slide in stove w knobs on the front of the stove

I have never had a stove with such sensitive knobs

If you lean on the knobs to clean or back up to stove to talk, the knobs turn on from the slightest pressure. I mean the eyes get hot fast

This is a rental, and I am very concerned for the safety of my guest

Talked with a friend that bought a samsung stove and she said her stove knobs were just as sensitive

Do you know of anything that I can do to prevent this from happening?

Do you know of any product that I can put on stove knobs to prevent them turning on so easily

I know I can purchase baby proof gadgets but would prefer something else if possible

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Aid stove knob sensitivity

When we were first considering a slide in range, I read quite a few reviews that mentioned this issue. Because of this, we chose the Frigidaire Professional Slide In Range that has a lock button for cook top, oven and door. I have not seen any after market fix for this problem, other than the baby proofing stuff. I have read reviews where people just remove the knobs when not using the cook top.

o

Thank you for information. Have a repairman coming Tuesday to see if he can fix them. Will let you know.

o

I had a KA with that issue and I was never so glad to get rid of an appliance in my life. They are extremely dangerous. KA had to offer a retrofit, IIRC -- little slides like wide hairpins or wishbones that slip in behind the knobs to keep them from being accidentally depressed. When I called to complain, I was offered them. We got used to it, but we had no small children in the house and generally did not entertain in the kitchen. That said, we had a great many issues with that range and I hated it beyond words. Good luck.

o

That is really scary. Will get in touch with KA Monday am to see if they will send me the retrofits.

Have also talked w a lady that owned a KA like mine and she said that the Samsung she purchased has the same issue.

Had another to tell me to be glad it us electric and not gas as he has heRd of the same issue w gas stove. Now that is really scary.

Did your stove have the warming drawer? Did you use it?

o

It did have the drawer and I did use it a bit but it was small. The Electrolux one I had put in in the spring is light years ahead of it. I would say it is nearly indispensable while the KA version was more of a novelty. I hope they still have the wishbones and that I am recalling it all correctly. Good luck.

o

Called KA customer no service this morning.
Held for 45 minutes (speaker phone) and then disconnected
Went to live chat only to be given parts depth number
Called and told they had never heard of retrofit llRC fork obs
Transfer to CS
Held for another 30 min and yet another disconnect
Help please

o

Dunno what to tell you. My range went to charity last year. They certainly offered me a retrofit, and I'm 90% sure it was something that slipped behind the knobs, but this was 8 years ago when the range was brand new and under warranty. Maybe it is something they no longer have. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here