Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are there any nice stainless steel 24 inch gas ranges out there?

Posted by Teric (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 10, 12 at 23:52

I've searched these boards and a number of other places and can't find a $1000ish gas range (24 inch) to bring home. When I look at the various offerings commonly available; I'm not too impressed. Danby, Premier, Avanti, Summit, all look or feel overpriced and under-built. Sure, I could double the funds and find something to take home, but can anyone comment on their experience with this size of a range and if there's a good choice that exists? I won't use it everyday; it's going into a vacation home, but I'd like to hear from anyone out there...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are there any nice stainless steel 24 inch gas ranges out the

I have had a Gagenau 36 stainless gas range for 14 years which I love. I know Gagg makes 24's too.

Simmers nice and I have the Wok burner that is great for high heat.. Lots of them. I saw a melia the other day... looked very nice too although I cannot comment on the function.

o

Well, if you want to spend the money, Bertazzoni has a very nice little range:

and the Avanti Elba is a lot nicer than the rest of their line, in case you haven't seen it:

I think DeLonghi has one that size, too, but I don't know what it's like.

o
RE: forgot

Forgot. Aga, too. There are plenty of others, as well

Here is a link that might be useful: Aga companion

o

You'd be better off getting a 30" range and an 18" DW. There really isn't anything worth having in your budget range. However, you can find some decent 30" ones in your price range.

o
RE: fagor

Oops, sorry, forgot it had to be stainless, so even if you want to spend the money the Aga wouldn't do it.

Have you considered doing a cooktop over oven? Fagor has a very nice 28" five burner gas cooktop that you could install over a 24" oven:

I know people who've done that to save space and they really like the cooktop.

o
RE: missing

Sorry, I don't know where the rest of my last post went. I do agree with LWO that if your budget is fixed, you'll get a lot more in a 30" in that price range. Had a friend who wound up having to do that and lose some badly needed inches, not so much for budget as because she just didn't like anything she could find in a 24 enough to pay extra for less.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here