Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fridges with Internal Water Dispenser?

Posted by 2LittleFishies (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 12 at 23:11

Looking at counter depth fridges... Jenn Air's JFC2290VEM has an internal water dispenser. I wish the Electrolux E23BC68JPS did but no : ( I like the look of the Electrolux and we're getting the Icon Double oven. I like that the handles would match.

Any other brand offer this? (internal water)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fridges with Internal Water Dispenser?

Kitchenaid has the internal water dispenser; not sure about the other brands

o

I suggest some research on the very handy ajmadison dot com website.

Here's a search for CD fridges with internal water. You didn't say if you want freestanding or built-in, but you can narrow the search results in the left hand column yourself.

Here is a link that might be useful: Search on ajmadison for CD, internal water

o

I have a Kitchen Aid French door I recently bought that has internal water dispenser. I got mine at HH Gregg and they did have a counter depth for 36" openings. HH is not carrying KA refrigerators any longer in my area at least so they are on close out....that's how I got my 33" one.

You may want to look still selling KA or at other whirlpool owned brands for a similar model, like Amanna, Whirlpool, or Maytag.

My cousin has an Amanna that is bigger than my KA and looks nearly the same that also has the water inside too.

o

I once had a GE refrigerator with an internal water dispenser. To me, it is a flawed design. To get the water you stand in front of the fridge with the door half open....letting out all of the cold air. This lets the food warm up until it all cools down again. Every time you stand there to get water. It's insane. The temperature on a thermometer I had in there would show a warm up of 20 to 30 degrees while standing there. I quit using the internal water and no longer have that fridge.

I now have no water dispenser on my Whirlpool. I don't mind putting ice cubes in my glass and going to the tap. It tastes much better, but we have wonderful well water. If we lived on a municipal system I would be using reverse osmosis.

o

sandy- That makes a lot of sense! Thanks for your post : )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here