Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kick toe heater recommendations

Posted by avidchef (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 23:09

I am replacing an old kick toe heater in my kitchen which is
hooked up to my thermostat. I have base board hot water
heat. Does anyone have any recommendations for brands
of kick toe heaters? Our current one is not strong enough and is extremely noisy. Our kitchen is extremely large
and the kick toe heater needs to heat a major portion of the kitchen.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kick toe heater recommendations

I can wholeheartedly recommend our Turbonics toe kick heaters! Read about them here on GW almost 7 years ago, when we were beginning our kitchen reno. Very quiet (you do hear the air blowing, but no motor noises at all). We have two, one on each side of our island. They are switched separately, but we always turn them both on/off at the same time. You have different options re: switching them (or not--you can have them set-up so they go on/off automatically when your baseboard heat kicks on/off).

The people at Turbonics were very, very helpful with choosing the correct units, putting us in touch with a distributor, and with the set-up.

Our plumber, who hated kick heaters ("they're always noisy...") was quite impressed with ours when he installed them.

I've also read here that the Beacon-Morris kick heaters are quiet ones as well, but have not seen/heard them to make a comparison.

o

I use Turbonics as well.

kas

o

Thanks so much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here