Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
induction hotplate recommendations

Posted by polie (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 5, 12 at 22:52

I do see quite a few posts on induction ranges, but has anybody bought an induction hotplate they can recommend that would accompany but not replace a gas or an electric range? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: induction hotplate recommendations

I have a Cosi - it is on sale at William Sonoma currently - but there are other cheaper versions. Not sure which is best.
Tonight I cooked a pot of chile using my old electric and the induction.
I decided to saute the meat on the Cosi and the veggies on the stove.
Well, the meat was cooked before I could even drop the veggies into the saute pan....
I combined the ingredients into a large 8 quart pot and put on slow cooking on the induction and then dropped down to keep warm. Best pot of chile ever!!!
My real induction should be installed soon! I can't wait!!!

o

Cooktek is another source of stand-alone induction hobs.

kas

o

I have the Max Burton 6000 (1800 watt.) I absolutely love it. It's not the fanciest one out there, but for the price it can't be beat. I especially love the built in timer shut of for things like brown rice.

About $60 currently on amazon, which is about $20 less than what I paid for it.

o

I have the Tatung, which is on sale right now
at Newegg for $54.99. I've had it for about
6 mo. and it works great. And it comes with
a pot.

o

I would call Fagor.

o

We also have the Max Burton. I bought one about a year ago from Amazon to try it out to see if we liked using induction. DH loves it! LOL... let me tell you, it ranks right up there with the sink and frig as a most-used item in our kitchen now. We will definitely have an induction cooktop when our range croaks. (I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that its soon)

o

I misspoke
We have a Caso not a Cosi.
Guess I had a brain fart when posting.

o

Wow, 5 different choices for me, though it sounds like thumbs up on the various induction hotplates. Thank you for responding.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here