Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Microwave drawer--What's the problem?

Posted by peonybush (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 24, 12 at 22:45

The Sharp microwave drawer was installed in the island today. I can manually open and close it but it's supposed to have a soft touch open/close feature. Is this something I have to program in or should this be working out of the box?
I was not home when the GC and electrician installed it--I'm guessing they didn't know about this feature.
I fired off an email to Sharp/support but they told me to call M-Fri during business hrs.
Anybody else have this issue?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Microwave drawer--What's the problem?

Which model do you have? The KB-6001NS with the vent on the bottom is manual only. The KB-6524PS without the bottom vent is manual and has the easy open and touch control. I had the 6524 installed last week, and the buttons are just to the left of the clock. No programming necessary.

o

I have the KB-6002L. It's a 30". Just found out it is indeed manual open only and no easy open and touch control.
It's already installed and we are going to leave it at that. DH is ok with it. I can live with it...just disappointed.

o

I am sorry you are disappointed, but I am already finding we use the handle much more than the open/close buttons. It's just easier than looking for the buttons (old eyes).

o

We installed the sharp drawer microwave a month ago. It is just the greatest! We all love it. Open with eitther a pull on the handle or just press the button. Just bump it with your leg and it closes by itself, or push the close button. It is so entertaining to watch it open and close. Looks great and has a nice "wow" factor. Seems to heat evenly. I thought the auto open & close would spill my full coffey cup, but the soft close is smooth and so no spills. We got a refurbished model from greystone's eBay store. It's perfect and came quick. Be sure and get the model with the auto open / close feature. It is also deeper and wool hold much taller containers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here