Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BS or CC grill - has anyone cooked on both?

Posted by avidchef (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 18, 12 at 22:40

I have narrowed my choice to BS or CC 36 range with a 12 inch grill. I am wondering if there is any substantial difference between the grills on either of them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BS or CC grill - has anyone cooked on both?

I really like the grill on the CC. Capital has a line of high-end outdoor grills that's well regarded. The grill on the CC is based on Capital's outdoor grill. There are ceramic rods above the burners that helps in the heat distribution. They did step down the BTU for indoor use, but it's still more than enough. The grates are also reversible where one side has narrower bars and grease channels for meats and the other side is wider with more surface contact for fish and veggies. But honestly, I use the narrow side for everything, including fish and veggies with great results. The grease channels in the grate angle down toward the front so excess grease can be captured, kind of like a Foreman Grill. Grease that drips straight down gets vaporized below. I have to say, I like the indoor grill on the CC better than my Weber outside. Just make sure the hood is up to the task.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here