Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Monogram French Door

Posted by MichelleDT (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 6, 12 at 22:37

My pantry refrigerator just died (ice maker caught on fire). I found a new GE Monogram French Door Refrigerator - ZFGP21HZSSXX as an overstock uncrated unit for $2600. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Monogram French Door

Say What?

As far as fridge goes, google that model number + reviews.
You should also be able to find the "List price" on it.

Hope no fire damage, but you should let the "Right Folks" know about the fire, it may NOT be an isolated occurence.

Gary

o

Dodge,

I did a quick search and there are multiple complaints about the ice maker catching fire. Luckily we were home and smelled burning plastic. Normally, we would have been at our Florida home this time of the year. It could have been tragic. I did report it to GE but no response yet.

M

o
RE:: GE Monogram French Door

Well...I thought the fire fridge was Maytag - since it was GE, I won't be considering another GE fridge.

Who makes Kitchenaid? Same OEM as GE??

o

Kitchenaid is made by Whirlpool.
Quite a few positive reviews here in GW about KA Fridges, (Unlike the posts for their ovens).

I would take the time to look at the Jenn-Airs too, also made by Whirlpool, alto I bought mine before JA was bought by Whirlpool. As I've mentioned "tons of times", trouble free, well lit, quiet etc etc.

Some of the new JA's have LED lighting and very accurate temp controls, one thing I like about mine (even thou a later model) is that I can set 3 different temps in the Fridge compartment, I like to keep the meat keeper at a lower temp (32F) than the rest of the fridge that is 37F.

Anyway, glad to hear fire caught in time, and good luck on your hunt for a replacement!

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here