Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Damaged cooktop - Can I replace it?

Posted by mnliver (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 22:30

I have a 30" Frigidaire range, gas.... with sealed burners. Something dropped on it and took out a chunk of the enamel, so it looks pretty bad. Can I replace just the cooktop? Or do I have to replace the whole range? I don't like the looks of most enamel repairs.... but if someone knows of a good way to repair this, I'd be really interested.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Damaged cooktop - Can I replace it?

Have you called Frigidaire - they can probably advise you on this - but the part may cost nearly as much as a new range.

o

Following what Weissman just said, go to Sears Parts Direct, enter the model number of your stove, and the site will take you to parts diagrams for the range. Find the one for the top, click on the cooktop and you'll find what the piece costs. Then go back and study the parts diagram to get an idea of what is involved in replacing it. (There will be gas connectors and ignitor wiring that will have to be disconnected etc.)

o

Thanks guys! I was able to find just the top at Sears Parts Direct, and yep: It costs about half the price I paid for the entire range, and would be complicated to connect in properly. But I just love it that I can get advice here!

Now to look at new ranges and decide what I really want to do....

o

Check some other parts sources ... Sears isn't always the best price available.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here