Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovecookie

BlueStar Pro-Line Hood?

ILoveCookie
10 years ago

In my kitchen remodel, I plan to install a 30" BlueStar RNB range on an exterior wall, with a powerful 36" wall mount hood above. I've kind of narrowed my hood options down to the following, although not final:

1. BlueStar 36" x 24"D Pro-Line Hood (BS-PL36240, 600 or 1200 CFM)
2. Prizer 36" Tahoe Wall Mounted Hood (CFM600 or CFMR600)
3. Prizer 36" Incline Wall Mounted Hood (CFM600 or CFMR600)
4. Prestige 36" x 24"D Pro-Line Bull Nose Hood (PLBN36240, 600 or 1200 CFM)
5. Prestige 36" x 24"D Pro-Line Convex Hood (PLCX36240, 600 or 1200 CFM)
6. Zephyr 36" x 24"D Tempest II Pro-Style Hood (AK7536BS, 650 or 1200 CFM)

I cannot seem to find reviews on the BlueStar Pro-Line hoods. Are they made by the same company as Prizer and Prestige hoods? Would you please share some insights? If you know a better option than the above, I'd like to hear it too. Thank you!

This post was edited by ILoveCookie on Sat, Feb 15, 14 at 22:54

Comments (8)

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

Are Bluestar hoods the same as Prizer? , I have a 36" x27" Prizer hood above my 36" RNB and love it!
    Pretty sure Prizer is Bluestar's parent company?

• ILoveCookie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ctycdm, it's a pleasant surprise to hear that Prizer has a 27" depth option!

• ILoveCookie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ctycdm, may I ask which Prizer hood and blower you have?

I am trying to find a Prizer model that is 36" wide and 27" deep and takes a 1200 cfm internal blower. It seems all of the Prizer standard wall-mounted hoods are only up to 24" deep. Will I have to look at their designer series?

Thank you very much!

Edit to add:

I do see that Prizer Professional BBQ Hood has several depth options: 27", 30", and 33". However, their spec says remote blowers are strongly recommended for barbeque hoods.

I think I have to use an internal blower in my case, because I don't have an attic above my kitchen (15'-16' ceiling), and the hood will be on an interior wall, only about 6' away from the exterior wall.

Edit again to add:

ctycdm, I just found out from your old post that yours is an island hood, 1000cfm remote blower on 8" duct, and also realized from your post that Prizer can custom build to any dimensions and specs. :)

This post was edited by ILoveCookie on Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 18:37

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

My Prizer is a semi custom (modified Hampton) to suit our sloped ceiling condition. 1000 cfm three speed remote blower, on 8" duct. My roof mounted blower also is only about six feet (or less) away. Bottom of hood is 36" above burner grates.
    A remote blower should be able to be mounted on a vertical outside wall, providing you have the room.
    I am very pleased with both the fit and finish, and performance of the Prizer...

• agk2003
    9 years ago

would love to hear some more reviews on the prestige proline 36". please share your experiences if you have one.

• malabacat_gw
    9 years ago

ILoveCookie which hood did you end up getting and are you happy with it?

• ILoveCookie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

malabacat --

We decided to get the Prizer Incline hood, 36" wide x 27" deep, 1200 cfm. It's very similar to the BlueStar hood, but customizable. For example, you could get 27" depth instead of the standard 24". We found it out by contacting Prizer.

We haven't purchased it actually, because there's some change in our remodel schedule, and the demolition hasn't started yet.

This post was edited by ILoveCookie on Tue, Aug 19, 14 at 12:37

• malabacat_gw
    9 years ago

Thanks! I hope your remodel schedule gets finalized and you can start demolition soon.