Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
electrolux refrigerators and BS 30' Range

Posted by robbi25 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 14, 12 at 21:56

I am thinking of purchasing a blue star 30" range as well as an Electrolux french door cabinet width refrigerator with a bottom freezer, no ice maker on the door. I will have the internal ice maker. Would love to hear feedback from user of these two appliance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: electrolux refrigerators and BS 30' Range

The bluestar you will not go wrong. In my opinion you can not buy a better range. It has super high output, plus super low output for simmering, looks great, easy to clean (even underneath the range) and reliable. You could not ask for more. Are you looking at the rnb or the rcs?
As for the electrolux, I have an electrolux side by side and although I have not had the dreaded temperature problems that many have incurred I still have had a few smaller issues. It is probably my least favorite appliance that I currently own. I by no menas hate it, but it doesn't inspire any passion. Problems I have had is the evaporator fan makes a racket(but works), one of the crisper drawers clips have broken and doesn't slide well and the piece on top that covers the hinges have some "marks" that appeared under the surface of the material. (Looks kinda like some sort of coating is delaminating).

o
RE: electrolux refrigerators and BS 30' Range

Robbi - I think I responded in kitchen forum
Love my elux french door fridge with the perfect temp drawer and LED lighting. It is so much fun to open and I have to resist temptation.
I use the perfect temp drawer to defrost items, bring ice cream to serving temp, and generally keep items fresh.
I have the fridge set up to open the right side and can access milk, OJ, yogurt, lettuce, veggies, and condiments without opening the left side.
I love the freezer - ice cream stays hard as it has a separate thermostat from the fridge.
I left in a hurry when my dad passed away and came back 2 weeks later to fresh milk and edible lettuce - quite amazing!
I have saved more than the extra cost in food savings!
I would not recommend the ice through the door - I know there are reports of problems - but for me, it was more of a space problem - I wanted more ice (think sports injuries) than the little thing could produce and also took up too much space.
And I don't even work for elux (or any appliance place!)
Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here