Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
selling a commercial range

Posted by foodfiend_gardener (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 21:54

I have a 25-year old Southbend commercial range and I want to sell it. 60" wide, 6 burners, raised griddle-- it's probably too large for most residential kitchens (although I managed to fit it in!) so I'm thinking that my best bet is to find a small restaurant, firehall, church kitchen, etc. to buy it. The question is, how do I go about this? Online posting like Craigslist, or local newspaper ad, or ________? It also has a custom-built stainless steel exhaust hood/ fan.

Also, how the heck do I price these things? There's nothing similar that I can find online to use as a guide. Is there some "percentage" of the cost of a new one which I could start at? It has had rather light (just me and my husband) residential usage and is in very good condition.

ANY help, any at all, will be appreciated! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: selling a commercial range

I found a gazillion 'South bend commercial range' on line.

Here is a link that might be useful: Southbend commercial range

o

Thanks for the link, hendricus. I have mostly found new ranges which are around $4000 with the specs mine has, and now notice that the hood is priced differently from the motor in most cases... this is going to be quite the drawn-out process, I think!

o

The hood does have all of the modern code requirements of fire suppression, etc, right? If not, you may not able to get much money at all for it. For 25 years old, you'll be lucky to get $800 for the pair even if they are lightly used. Put them on Craigslist in the Business category and see if you get a bite from a new restaurant. Be prepared to go lower if you don't get any calls the first week. And make sure you state in bold letters to have plenty of help to move it! In fact, due to liability issues, you might see if you can rent an air sled and move it from the house to the garage so that no stranger bangs up your home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here