Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Griddle, grill or both on our new Wolf range?

Posted by LLee2 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 21:54

We are trying to decide how practical it is to have these on our range or whether we should just go with the extra burners. Does anyone have a griddle or grill on their range or cooktop and how often do you use it, how is it to keep clean and looking nice and what do you use it for?

Thanks so much!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Griddle, grill or both on our new Wolf range?

• Posted by ctycdm 10b/Sunset 24 (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 9:58

Oops...just realized I already answered this on your other post
[deleted]

This post was edited by ctycdm on Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 10:17

o

Be sure that you understand the additional venting requirements with a grill. You will already probably need make up air for your setup. You may be required to have heated make up air to replace the larger volume that will need to be exhausted with a grill. For some people, it's worth the extra $$$ to be able to grill indoors in MI this time of the year. For others, spending 10K just on a HRV (in addition to the vent and range) is nuts, and they'll deal with going out in the snow on the deck to use their Big Green Egg.

o

My previous range (Vilking) had a griddle, my current one (CC) has a grill. If I had the extra foot for a 48" range I'd love to have both. After the real griddle on the Viking the stovetop one just doesn't cut it because of the unevenness of the heat. I've always been very macho about grilling out in the snow, but I have to say it has been a pleasure to stay inside on some of these 10 degree, windy evenings.

There's only a few times when I've wished I had a fifth burner on the stovetop (and never six). The grill, griddle or both get a lot more use than a fifth burner. Adding a portable countertop induction unit for "surge capacity" might be sensible--with clustered burners the pots get awfully crowded to work on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here