Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Satina vs Stainless

Posted by rbanse (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 25, 09 at 21:41

So we are purchasing a stainless steel range and a satina refrig (Maytag). My question is, can you tell the difference between the look of the two? Will they clash? They won't be right next to each other but about 4 feet apart on the same wall. We like the Satina because of less prone to fingerprints, and magnetic. Any opinions on this would be great. Thanks.

-Ryan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Satina vs Stainless

I am wondering about this too, hope this will bump the thread.

o

Well, for what it's worth. I compared two Whirlpool (they make Maytag) refrig's right next to each other. One was Satina, one was SS. They looked quite different, esp. if the range and refrig. are going to be on the same wall, only 3 feet apart.

o

We have the satina finish on our Whirpool manufactured Kenmore fridge, and we're happy we chose it. As long as the fridge is not located *right* next to a SS range or oven, no one will notice the different in finish. This varies a lot according to what brand you're looking at (there's no way the LG version of this finish could possibly pass for SS!). It is so much easier to clean and does a great job resisting finger prints.

The one downfall to the satina finish is that it is more prone to scratches than SS. Our fridge is 4 years old now and we got it before we remodelled. During the course of our 1.5 year major remodel, the fridge was moved around several times, and it has one 1" scratch on it. Knowing everything this fridge went through, I certainly wouldn't classify the finish as delicate.

A picture for you:

Photobucket

o

well I went ahead and bought a samsung sxs in the platinum finish, I put my fingers all over both the ss and the platinum in the store and the ss looked very fingerprinty as opposed to the platinum. I have 3 kids, I want to still like them at the end of the day:) I won't really have much stainless in my kitchen. . . just the top of my fratelli range, the dishwasher will be integrated so I think it will work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here