Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whallyden

Online Vendors: GW Greatest Hits?

whallyden
12 years ago

Shot in the dark. Anyone familiar with a vendor that would take an online or phone order for the following: Liebherr fridge, BS range, Modern-aire hood, Sharp microwave, and Bosch (or Miele) dish-washer.

Comments (10)

• plllog
    12 years ago

Universal.

They have more than is on the website. Get in touch with their internet department and I'm sure they can fit out your list.

• clarygrace
    12 years ago

AJ Madison, they carry all the brands you list. If you call them they will also give you added discount.

Here is a link that might be useful: appliance vendor

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    12 years ago

only one on-line retailer sells Modern-Aire (not listed above). BS also has distribution ares so it depends on where you live as to who can sell one you. Miele does not allow on-line retailers to sell into CA AZ NV.

Other appliances you will be ok with from the list.

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

We plan to order our Modern-Aire hood from Eurostoves. Was impressed how quickly we received a quote for a custom 66" hood. I'd feel better ordering from them than another site but that's just me.

M

• plllog
    12 years ago

Universal has Modern-Aire in their store.

• clinresga
    12 years ago

If you are fortunate enough to live in an area that does NOT have a Modern Aire distributor, you're in luck. That means you can deal directly with the factory, which is a superior way to do business. They are super friendly, extremely knowledgeable, and hey, you can literally speak with the guy in the shop who is building your hood (I can remember calling once and asking what my estimated delivery time was going to be--she answered "let me run back into the shop and ask" and spoke to the guy who was building my hood as we spoke). If you have the choice, deal with them, not a middle man!

• aliris19
    12 years ago

I have had extremely good experiences (multiple) with ABT in Chgo. Including being sold a Miele in CA. I asked several people at different companies about the propriety of this and no one suggested it was not OK; I think I even called Miele.

I have had so much luck with ABT I am almost in a mode now where I would call them first and skip all the searching. Their prices have been better than others or they have matched others (for which one would admittedly have had to have done the search) and they have been really helpful with a warrantee issue (on a Miele, come to think of it, so that's a test of their permission to sell to CA).

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

Try to buy something off of the ABT website today and input a CA zipcode and you will be redirected to a website that is joint venture between Miele and ABT.

mieleconcierge.com or mieledirectseller.com

They charge what everyone else is charging and they collect local sales tax.

This started when the new Futura dishwashers came out or about that time.

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

@clinresga - thanks for the info. I didn't realize they worked direct. There is no distributor in my area.

• aliris19
    12 years ago

deeageux -- interesting. I picked up the phone and spoke with the rep; I just find it way easier and more comforting than buying a super-expensive piece of equipment by clicking alone. Plus, I was able to ask in person about the copaceticness. So to speak. They assured me it was "legal" and as I said, I had a warrantee issue and they had no problem with it whatsoever.

BTW, why aren't all these weird sales-agreements illegal? Seems like controlled trade to me... just sayin.