Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I can't do a panelled Warming draw with inset cabinets?

Posted by Marion13 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 21:32

When I was ordering my inset cabinets today and writing that huge check my KD said I can't use the panelled warming draw i ordered with the inset cabinets as it will not be flush with the other drawers and look like an error. I am very disappointed as I wanted a warming draw since I am losing my 24 inch double oven.. I can leave it stainless steel but it needs to go right next to the 30 inch Wolf and think it will be an eyesore.. Any thoughts. You guys help so much. thanks
sammad2@aol.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I can't do a panelled Warming draw with inset cabinets?

time to get a new designer !

one that can think and come up with real solutions, not one that can just sell or take orders.

but, I assume you wrote the check anyway so you are more than likely SOL.

o

What is the model of the warming drawer? Do you have a link to it? Look at the specs for the drawer, and see whether the drawer will only accept overlay panels. That is probably what the KD is talking about.

o

You just have the cabinets made deeper. Not a big deal at all in most upper end lines. Now, if you're getting some Chinese upper end knockoffs, that's another story. Then your contractor will have to do extra work and block out additional space behind the cabinets and you'll have to order an extra deep skin to cover the exposed sides of the blocking. It's still not a big deal for any designer than actually knows what they are doing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here