Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
repac_pbc

Problems with Bosch double ovens?

repac
12 years ago

My sister-in-law has a Bosch double oven (one convection/one thermal). After less than 2 years, both ovens have failed--one requires a seal repair, on the other the latch has failed. Neither oven can function until these issues have been repaired. This seems quite soon to have such problems with supposedly high quality ovens. Have others had any problems with these ovens?

Comments (13)

• barbara9093
    12 years ago

I have a Bosch double oven - one convection and one regular. I hate it. Mine is about 7 years old but has never functioned right. It takes forever to heat up. Even at 400 degrees, it seems to take forever for anything to cook. The heat is completely uneven - things burn toward the front. The broiler doesn't seem to broil at all. I usually end up using my toaster oven instead. I had repair people out several times and they just insist there's nothing wrong with it, so I've given up. It was a huge mistake to buy this oven.

• sas95
    12 years ago

No problems yet. We have had ours for a year, one convection the other regular.

• akphs
    7 years ago

We have Bosch double ovens,800 series. Like 'em fine EXCEPT for the broiler, which shuts off at the drop of a hat. You can't preheat it at all, or it shuts off. You can't broil anything for more than 3 or 4 minutes, or it shuts off.

Had Bosch out to look at it; they claim it's normal. The repair guy asked where my broiler pan was. It hadn't come with one, which he confirmed, but then got them to send me one anyway.

I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I find it a bit suspicious that they so readily sent me something free, AND didn't even try to charge for the service call.

Anyone got these ovens? How long can you preheat the broiler before it shuts off?

• Paul Sporter
    4 years ago

I have a Bosch double oven (one convection/one thermal) which I have had for 3 years. Other than it taking forever to preheat, has worked fine until last month. When one or both ovens are on and I turn on my microwave, both ovens will shut off. When I am running my Bosch electric cook top and the oven is on, the oven will shut off. I would maybe think that it is the electric but they are all on different circuits / breakers. Does anyone have the solution? I am frustrated. I bought these because of the name but in my eyes right now and the money I paid for these. I got two pieces of JUNK...

• Connor Guiney
    3 years ago

having a real problem with my bosch double wall oven. The top oven started displaying a code and not heating up. Had an appliance repair guy out to fix it and he told me shut off the circuit breaker and don'[t turn it on for at least 30 min. He said it would reset the board. So I did that and when I turned the breaker on, it went into cleaning mode and the oven door locked. I was told the board needed to be replaced. Now the problem is that the oven is locked and will not unlock even after shutting the power of and turning it back on. We have tried everything to get the door to open and it seems permanently locked. The appliance guy called bosch to see what to do since we can not pull the ovens out of the cabinet because they are screwed in and you need to be able to open the door of the oven to get the screws out. Bosch repair service told the repair guy that since the board won't respond to shutting the circuit breaker off to reset board we would have to somehow cut the bolds. The repair guy is not going to do that because he said he will cause damage to the oven. Of course if we cut the bolts out we are going to damage the over. My kitchen had just been remodeled with new cabinets and another option is to cut my brand new cabinet up to get at the top of the oven to replace board. NOT HAPPY WITH BOSCH AT ALL.. We still don't have a solution to this problem so I have ovens sitting that I can not use. VERY, VERY POOR DESIGN NOT TO HAVE SOME WAY TO OPEN THE OVEN IF THE BOARD FAILS AND LOCKS IT. Also for bosches repair department to tell us we have to cut the bolts out of a brand new oven is absurd. Very dissappointed in bosch! Ovens are slightly over a year old.

• akphs123
    3 years ago

That's a terrible failure mode! I expect you've tried this, but just to be sure: you said you powered it off and back on. I assume you tried the door wihle the power was off? This is a terrible design--it should fail safe.

There are "real" Bosch repair folks. Have you tried one of them? They MIGHT know some trick that the phone folks don't. Long shot, but...

I keep thinking that since our ovens back up to a passageway, a kitchen redesign might should make that rear panel openable from there. Wouldn't help in this weird case, but when ours was installed, the installers spent 20 minutes fighting to get the power cord to cooperate: if they could have gotten at the back, it would have been no trouble.

None of this stuff is built for ease of installation or service.

• HU-849325294
    3 years ago

I have a Bosch double one convection/ one not and my top oven is not working. I reset the breaker but didn't leave it off for 30 minutes. I may try this, but will make sure to leave the top oven open before I do.

• cotto4559
    3 years ago

I have a Bosch double convection oven the top oven heats with 25 degrees of the set temp. The bottom oven is over 100 degrees off. I always thought so but I finally just bought an oven thermometer. The heat in both ovens is not even I have to turn my cookies halfway or they will be very different.

• Rachael Tolman
    3 years ago

loved my Bosch 800 wall ovens, until the 5 year warranty ran out and they both broke like clockwork. the first one, the main one I use, overheated and locked on Thanksgiving ( one month after the warranty ran out) The service dealers have been out 3 times and it's still not fixed, it's Mid March as I write this. I've been using the other oven in the mean time and then after 2 uses it quit working, not getting to temperature! This is such a scam, the replacement parts are $500 each, then labor on top of that. I'm looking at $750 to fix ONE of my ovens. maybe I should cut my losses and just by new ovens rather than these.

• Warren Bishop
    last year

My Bosch 800 series combination wall oven has failed twice since installed in our new house 5 years ago. The first time, the upper oven display became too dim to read and required a $500 circuit board replacement. We waited nearly 3 weeks for the part. Now, it won't power on at all. Resetting the circuit breaker made no difference. I see online that there is now a class action lawsuit regarding these issues. Do not buy this product!

• HU-457273531
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

I had to replace my Dacor oven with a Bosch Double Oven. It was the only one that would fit in the wall after my Dacor (which I loved) failed after 20 years. I now wish I had spent the money on carpentry instead of this horrible oven. As an avid baker (especially cookies) the oven when on the 'bake' setting, dries all of them out because the fan is running all the time. When you open the door mid-bake I get a big blast of hot air where I actually have to back up and close my eyes. You might then think that it would and should bake evenly but NOPE! Cakes get over done on the edges and are underbaked in the center. The ONLY cookies that I am happy with is baking DOG cookies as they bake faster and dry out so they can be stored. I have no idea why the fan is running when on 'bake' and it is not a good idea. I used to be known as having the best chocolate chip cookies around but now, even underbaked, they are dry and hard as a rock.

DO NOT BUY THIS OVEN! HORRIBLE!!!!!!

• dadoes
    3 months ago

HU-457273531, your Bosch oven bakes only in convection mode? It doesn't have a traditional, non-convection mode? Interesting, and odd. What's the model number?