Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf 48" Dual Fuel Range: help deciding on cooktop configuration

Posted by LLee2 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 21:19

We've decided on the 48" dual fuel range but I am having trouble deciding on how many burners we really need. I love the idea of having the grill and the griddle which will leave us with only 4 burners. My husband thinks we need 6 burners.

I love the idea of the griddle for breakfasts and dinners and the grill also is so appealing on those freezing nights (New England) where we don't want to go out in the snow to grill chicken breasts, burgers or whatever it may be. My husband thinks the grill (infrared) is not important but I am not into using the outdoor grill.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this and what is important and for what reasons. Has anyone had this range that can comment on how they configured it and why? We are a family of 6 so we will be using it quite a bit.

Thanks for any insight you can offer. Oh, this is a newly renovated kitchen we are working on, fwiw.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf 48" Dual Fuel Range: help deciding on cooktop confi

• Posted by ctycdm 10b/Sunset 24 (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 23:31

fwiw, In my 40 years of cooking, I've never used (or needed) more than four burners at a time, my built in griddle also doubles as great french top or simmer plate if needed... I have a 36" and griddle, if I had room for a 48", I would likely opt for a 24" griddle, but we grill year round out doors here, you may want/need that grill inside.

This post was edited by ctycdm on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 12:19

o
RE: Wolf 48" Dual Fuel Range: help deciding on cooktop configurat

I feel like we really won't need more than 4 burners. My husband really likes the idea of having those 6 though. Do you use your griddle a lot? Is it easy to keep clean? Can anyone comment on the grill?

o
RE: Wolf 48" Dual Fuel Range: help deciding on cooktop configurat

Yes, I use my griddle a lot! It depends on what your definition of "clean" is... I treat my griddle the same way I do my vintage cast iron cookware, once seasoned, it will never look like it did the day you bought it... I don't use soap and water, just scrape and wipe with paper towel and it's become good and non stick too :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here