Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks to Coyotearms Repair Viking Oven Hinges

Posted by Barryv (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 20:55

A while back, Coyotearms posted on how he repaired his Viking oven hinges. Mine have been shot for quite a few years - the door wouldn't open fully, and would sag open when you tried to close it. I contacted the Viking parts distributor, and Viking itself, and they said they don't make the replacement hinges for that model. Coyotearms said he got similar info about his Viking, but then discovered that the replacement hinges, which have been redesigned, would fit, and so he made the change. I tried using Sears Parts Direct, but ended up using Appliance Parts Online. If anyone decides to repair theirs, I used Viking part PC020009 for my VDSC305 and that same number is used for both hinges, there is no separate right and left hinge. It looks like the same hinge as pc020007, but the spring on the 9 is slightly longer. It took me nearly 1/2 hour to get the door off the hinges, but once I did that, I unscrewed the old hinges, and installed new ones in under 10 minutes. Thanks to Coyotearms for the tip to tap the hinges for the 10 -24 screw, that made it go smoothly. The original post with the tips are here.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg1221062011153.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Coyotearms post

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here