Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barryv_gw

Thanks to Coyotearms Repair Viking Oven Hinges

barryv_gw
11 years ago

A while back, Coyotearms posted on how he repaired his Viking oven hinges. Mine have been shot for quite a few years - the door wouldn't open fully, and would sag open when you tried to close it. I contacted the Viking parts distributor, and Viking itself, and they said they don't make the replacement hinges for that model. Coyotearms said he got similar info about his Viking, but then discovered that the replacement hinges, which have been redesigned, would fit, and so he made the change. I tried using Sears Parts Direct, but ended up using Appliance Parts Online. If anyone decides to repair theirs, I used Viking part PC020009 for my VDSC305 and that same number is used for both hinges, there is no separate right and left hinge. It looks like the same hinge as pc020007, but the spring on the 9 is slightly longer. It took me nearly 1/2 hour to get the door off the hinges, but once I did that, I unscrewed the old hinges, and installed new ones in under 10 minutes. Thanks to Coyotearms for the tip to tap the hinges for the 10 -24 screw, that made it go smoothly. The original post with the tips are here.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg1221062011153.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Coyotearms post