Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to Clean Inside of Electrolux Speedcook?

Posted by lisaslists2000 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 14, 10 at 20:43

I have made chicken in the icon speedcook a couple of times, and cannot figure out how to clean the inside! I just tried microwaving lemon juice like I always have done for a microwave, but it seems to vent too well, and none built up on the sides. Grease is pretty well baked on to all of it including the glass inside of the door. It doesn't have very good directions in the manual - says don't use chemical cleaners and wipe out after using. Is it supposed to get "seasoned" and brown in there?
Thanks for any help.
Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to Clean Inside of Electrolux Speedcook?

Google cleaning a microwave, many suggestions there. I tried googling cleaning a speed oven and didn't get many "Hits"
See the URL (Cleaning a microwave) below to see one of them I found, but there are many others too.
I have that same oven, 3 years now, and alto doesnt look brand new, is still pretty shiny inside---I may try one of the suggestions I found while Googling.
Good Luck!

GAry

Here is a link that might be useful: Cleaning a microwave

o
RE: Has any body tried Amonia?

Here's another one I found but------I would get some of the other folks inputs here, before you tried this, My lungs aren't the greatest, so I think I would pass on this one.

Gary

o

Thanks, Dodge! No link for second one, though.
Lisa

o

Here's the link for cleaning a speed oven with Amonia. I actually found it while seaching for cleaning Speed oven.
The post if from "Fix Ya". The URL is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amonia Link

o

You're the best. Gonna do it tonight. Thank you!
Lisa

o

Let me know how it works, alto mine not bad, it would not pass the "White Glove Test"
Thanks!!

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here