Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
casey123_gw

Range Hoods

casey123
15 years ago

I am in the process of installing a range hood in my kitcheen same as a new stove.

I have a couple of questions.

1) Does anybody has any experience with Arietta's brand. We seem to like it very much. Any + or - feedback?

2)One of the person that we called to give us an estimate on how much it would cost to install the range hood, told us that it would cost $800.00 + $450.00 to pipe the range of the roof.

Does anybody has experience on how much does it cost to install it? Does this price that I just got, does it seems a little too high?

Thanks

Comments (15)

• plllog
    15 years ago

Does this include the whole installation? (Electrical, hanging the hood, etc.), or just the ducting through the roof? Depending on where you live, that could be a fair price. It doesn't look outrageous to me, anyway.

• fandlil
    15 years ago

I agree. That price seems reasonable. But you should question the installer closely to find out exactly what he plans to do, and to make sure that he has an accurate estimate of the scope of the work. It might be a good idea to ask if, in his experience, he has ever encountered unexpected complications -- like having to go through or around a beam he didn't know was there, or maybe the size duct he wants to use can't fit and he has to use a different size duct. These are the kinds of things that can drive up the cost.

• casey123
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes. Tha price includes everything. Thank you for your answers.
    I have another question.
    I have been looking at the Electrolux RH30WC60GS - the reviews seems to be good on that one. However, my husband found another brand Spagna Vetro SV218D-30 - it's cheaper than Electrolux.
    But the problem is that I cannot find any reviews on that particular brand. The company EuroKitchen has great reviews. But I don't know about the product.
    Does anybody has this product or have you heard anything about it?
    Thanks

• budgeteer_s
    15 years ago

We first bought HD's Arietta hood. Had to return it because the spec of the chimney part was too long. We ended up buying the Spagna Vetro from Euro kitchen. We were on a budget and was not looking for the best or the quietest vent hood. We are quite happy with it. It does what it's suppose to do and is pleasing to look at. We have only installed it for close to 3 months so cannot attest to its longevity quality.

• chris2009
    15 years ago

budgeteer....

when you say you had to return the Arietta, was it an island hood? If so, how long was the chimney part? I have a ceiling clearence of 74" above floor.

thanks

• budgeteer_s
    15 years ago

Chris, Sorry for the late response, I just saw your question today. My ceiling is 7 ft (or 80") because of the soffit above the cooktop area. The wall mounted Arietta hood came in 1 piece chimney only. We would have to spend more money to get a metal fabricator to cut it down.
    I found the Vetro Spagna from Euro Kitchen that Casey's DH also found on the internet. It has telescoping 2-pieces chimney parts. I used only one piece to fit in the short ceiling. Peruse the specs until you find one that will fit your 74" ceiling height. Another suggestion installers offered is to recess the top part into the inside of the ceiling if it is too long. Here is a picture of our vent hood and a link to Vetro Spagna hoods. They have island hoods as well. Call them on the phone to confirm the length dimension, they are helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spagna Vetro Island Hood with Specs

• chris2009
    15 years ago

Thanks, great looking install. So you're cabinets are only 80" tall? Are they custom?

Any idea how "tall" the blower motor inside he Spagna Vetro is? I found a Kobe hood I really liked, but they said the internal blower was 19" tall! That killed it for me. 10" above fixture height is the max I can fit in.

thanks so far

• chris2009
    15 years ago

one other thing, budgeteer. How high above the cook surface is your unit? (which model, also). I read their manual and saw that the recommended max is 31". I may want to mount it a little higher, so it would be good to know how well yours sucked, and from what height
    thanks

• budgeteer_s
    15 years ago

In my obsessive checking in with GW, saw your follow-up comment and it's already in page 2 and could have missed it easily.

The cabinets are semi-custom. It is from a local cabinet company that normally builds for home builders of tract homes. During these difficult economic times, they are branching out to the home remodel business. The cabs reach to 90' at the ceiling, it is not quite 8 ft, more like 7.5 foot ceiling.

I don't know the height of the internal blower, but it is encased inside the cage and by no means as long as the cage. This is the type of question you can get answers by calling Euro Kitchen directly to find if they have a hood that will fit.

My hood was installed 26" above the cooktop eventhough the recommended distance is 28'-31'. This allows me to use the longer of the two chimney pieces. Hood would have been much higher if I had use the other shorter chimney piece. My particular model is SV168F4-30. I am only 5'1" so it does not bother me. DH is 6'1" (who does not do much cooking) complained it is too low for him, but has not bang his head yet!

Good luck to you and know there is a hood out there for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Euro-Spagna 30

• chris2009
    15 years ago

haha - I sure hope there is a hood for me . . . this particular brand looks good. I found some on Ebay that look EXACTLY the same as these, but are almost $200 less than the Spagno - so I'm seeing what I can find out. There's a chance the same company sells to different suppliers under different brand names.

• kaf76
    15 years ago

Chris2009--Did you find out any more about the hoods on Ebay? I just found this forum while I was trying to find out more about Spagna Vetro and Cavaliere hoods. I've found a lot of range hoods that look exactly alike, but sold under different names. It's difficult to make a decision when they all have the same specs but different prices.

• ekkomom
    14 years ago

has any one found out anything about the Cavaliere? There are a lot on overstock.

• gt78
    14 years ago

Glad I found this forum. I was so close to ordering on Ebay but something told me to do more research.

I've been going nuts because I can't see these range hoods in person. I compared the manuals, call up the stores and still can't make a decision because even their manuals are VERY similar. I can't compare workmenship but it seems like the quality of the steel varies. Please advise.

#304 & #201 DIFFERENCE?

19 Gauge = 1.0mm ?
    22 Gauge = 0.8mmm ?

The lower the gauge # the better

Euro-Kitchen SV218D $520 INCLUDE SHIP 1 year warranty #304 19 Gauge
    1.0mm

Cavaliere SV218D - Overstock.com $529+FREE SHIP AND SOMETIMES ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS 10-20% #201 19 Gauge
    1 year warranty
    I can't find the manufacturer website. There's warranty claim department in Overstock but they won't disclose the manufacturer contact info.

Fabyka FD-30 EBAY $350 INCLUDES SHIP 0.8mm? #304 -TRUSTED?

Fabyka FAD-30 $469 INCLUDE SHIP Go Direct 1.2mm #304 3 Year Warranty

The Fabyka rep told me they are not affiliated with Ebay seller. They are the manufacturer. If I needed parts. I would have to contact the Ebay seller who then contacts the manufacturer for parts. If I go direct they have my record on file and can send me the parts. Apparently 1.2mm is sturdier and won't make as much noise on the highest level.

• mcr1
    14 years ago

take a look at futuro range hoods, The site futurofuturo.com, They are unique, well priced and I feel they are well made. They all use the same motor and fan, and it has a lifetime warranty. When I bought mine I went to NY and looked at all of the models. I own a kitchen business, and I have put in some expensive hoods that were not worth the money paid

• SergioMccann_gmx_com
    12 years ago

My hood was installed 26" above the cooktop eventhough the recommended distance is 28'-31'. This allows me to use the longer of the two chimney pieces. Hood would have been much higher if I had use the other shorter chimney piece. My particular model is SV168F4-30. I am only 5'1" so it does not bother me. DH is 6'1" (who does not do much cooking) complained it is too low for him, but has not bang his head yet!

Here is a link that might be useful: range hoods