Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
winegeek819

Electrolux Icon reviews for 36' gas 6 burner rangetop

winegeek819
16 years ago

Hello all- I posted a few days ago regarding a rangetop and wall oven on a budget of $4k at the very top end. As an update, I went to one of our local appliance stores today intending to look at the Bluestar. Well, I saw the Bluestar, fell in love, and then saw how much it was going to cost. Noting my thinly veiled dismay, the salesman pointed me toward the Electrolux Icon line, which at this store came in at around $2k fully installed. I am really excited about the prospect of a rangetop with this kind of performance capability (17.5k BTU) at that price. Any reason I shouldn't be? I know that the line is relatively new to the US market, so if anyone has any reviews, I'd love to hear them.

Comments (13)

• User
    16 years ago

I have this cooktop and i do love to cook on it but am still getting use to its power(had a standard range prior)

I am also getting use to cleaning it :) Seems to require a little more work but starting to get the routine down.

I used the griddle(removeable) for the first time and had some fun with that! I picked the wrong kind of meat to cook on it but will try it again with what I think will be more appropriate and I think I will really like it! I have never cooked a steak on a stove, or for that matter in an oven; always use my outdoor gas grill, come rain, sleet or snow. But....it seems i can do a steak on this griddle so no more out in the pouring weather.

I really enjoy cooking and just couldn't justify the cost of some of the *pro*style ranges/cooktop. I think this was a good economical decision and it has the *look* too.

I also have the Electrolux Icon Electric/convection oven and I'm liking that too but have had some issues with it.

• laney50w
    16 years ago

The Electrolux Icon appliances are very well built, very reliable, and they are the largest appliance manufacturer in the world. They build a great product, at a great price point.

We are an Electrolux Icon dealer, and they sell themselves.

Once we show a customer an Electrolux Icon appliance, they usually buy it...Especially if they were considering Wolf, Viking, or some other "similar" product.

Chris

• fkbb
    16 years ago

I just had mine installed last week. So far I'm loving it! I've baked in it and used several of the burners. I chose it for its sleek design and I like the knobs better than the Viking or Wolf! I'm just a bit dismayed that it doesn't have a timer.

The price you quoted has me a bit concerned though -- I may have to go to the Best Buy website to check this out. The model that I purchased is the Electrolux Icon E36DF76GPS. (It's a six burner dual fuel) and I paid $4650 for it this past December!

• winegeek819
    Original Author
    16 years ago

fkbb-- i was talking about a rangetop, not a range... the pricing on your range seems about in line with what i've seen-- we're just doing a wall oven and separate island rangetop.

• berryberry
    16 years ago

fkbb / others - how have you liked the power of the 18K burner on the Electrolux?

how does it handle stirfrying?

Anyone use the griddle / wok ring that can add any input (Kas81057 - you say you used the griddle but used the wrong kind of meat - can you explain further)

Trying to decide today between three 36" ranges - the American, Electrolux, and Bluestar. The Electrolux is priced a little less than what fkbb paid. The American even less - the Bluestar is priced the highest.

Thanks

• User
    16 years ago

oooohhhh berryberry, this may not be a timely response :tried cooking a london broil instead of just a simple steak
    which i still haven't tried since on grill nites weather has been good

what did you end up with?

• alywa
    16 years ago

We've had the 48" range installed for 6 weeks so far. We love it! The ovens are increadibly consistent, the convection modes work great, and the cooktop is excellent. The only complaint I have is that the simmer burner seems a little too powerful if I don't use the sinner plate, especially with delicate sauces. All in all, though, it is truely a great appliance.

• thedixiechick1_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

I'm considering this same rangetop. Can you explain further the cleaning involved with it?

• wallycat
    15 years ago

I just saw the electrolux at Sears.
    It was not the Icon series.
    I'm trying to get clarification ....the sales guy at Sears said that their Kenmore PRO line is made by Electrolux, which is really Fridgidare. Not that that matters, but I was wondering if he was pulling my leg.

• noc1
    15 years ago

I guess count me among the many on here that was all set to purchase a Dacor double oven and 48" gas cooktop but then read all the negative reviews about them on here - well primarily about the ovens from what I can tell. So I've read, read and read some more and come to the conclusion that the Electrolux seems to provide the best combination of features, value and performance. So my question is this, should I go for the Electrolux 48" rangetop to match it or would the Dacor 48" still be a good choice? They're about the same price. Any thoughts?

• Lisagallagher_hawtanleathers_com
    13 years ago

I just went to look at the Electolux appliances today because I am buying a house that needs a total kitchen makeover. I loved everything but am concerned about support for repairs. I have friends with Wolf and DCS and Viking and repairs are very costly and difficult to get good timely service.

• hrleven_comcast_net
    13 years ago

I can add that the service for dual-fuel 38" Aga is HORRIBLE! We have waited over two months for a part! That is why I'm reading your comments - I'm in the market for a new range.

• lhsrad22
    6 years ago

We purchased this Electrolux Range and it arrived with the racks not properly welded and they collapsed! We have had the oven repaired >10 times in the first three years. We had a gas leak from a burned out component. Finally we tried to run the self clean and this "fried" the electronics and we could no longer open the oven door. We did not receive adequate support Electrolux ICON. We even called corporate headquarters in the USA and Sweden and the calls were NEVER returned. The exterior of this product with the stainless steel looks great., but the interior components did not hold up! This is the worst appliance we have ever purchased and it is actually dangerous.