Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wood Hood Insert Advice/Recommendations

Posted by chris11895 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 20:26

Hi,
We need to select a hood for our Lacanche Citeaux. We're doing a custom wood hood and it will vent directly out the back of the house since it's on an exterior wall. I've been reading a fair amount about hoods and I'm still confused as to what is best for our situation.

The rangetop will have (2) 15K burners, (1) 18K burner, (1) 11K burner and (1) 5K burner plus the la plancha.
Any recommendation for a hood that is quiet in this setup and what steps we need to ensure it's quiet is greatly appreciated. Not that I have money to burn, but my last hood was loud and annoyed the heck out of us, so I'm ok with paying a little more.

Also, it's a new build so I assume I need to worry about MUA?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wood Hood Insert Advice/Recommendations

I have had a Trade-Wind hood (and silencer in the attic) for several months now and love it; we do a bit of high-heat cooking. At its loudest, I cannot hear a conversation away from the stove, but that just tells me it's doing its job. I usually have it on low for most dishes. I might open the window if I think of it when the fan is on high, but often I don't think of it. :)

o
RE: Wood Hood Insert Advice/Recommendations

Thanks, I haven't heard of Trade-Wind and will look into them. Does yours vent through your attic or out the back?
Thanks again for the input!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here