Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE ice maker

Posted by cdsj (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 20:11

Hi have a GE electronic ice maker In a GE profile side by side refrigerator model # pss25mgmb ww. The ice maker works fine except its getting water in the bin and freezing and jamming the auger. I have turned it off for about a week and turned back on and it works fine for more than a week and then it starts to to hang up and there's ice in the bottom of the bin and up the back of the bin on the right side of the auger looking at it from the front. Any suggestions or if I buy a new ice maker will that fix the problem or that's not going to solve the problem,I have no leaks if that might be a question. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE ice maker

Any body ?

o

Could be the water valve is seeping, which would cause the mold to overfill and drip into the storage bin.

o

If I turn it off for a week or two it does not leak or I say that but there is no ice in the bin,

o

I had a similar problem years ago and it was that the water valve was hanging open after the fill cycle. Like your case, the problem seemed to come and go; I didn't figure it out until I watched a cycle and saw water continuing to come in for about 10 seconds after the valve solenoid had quit humming. Replace the valve.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here