Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dancingqueengw

Fischer and Paykel Induction Range?

dancingqueengw
10 years ago

I am needing to replace a 23 year old electric downdraft jenn air and am interested in the FP induction range largely due to the fact that it will fit into the angled slot my current range is set in to.

Does anyone have this range? I know it's relatively new. The advantage is that is is not as deep as GE so it will fit in the slot and it also has a warming drawer which would be really nice. None of the appliance dealers near me have one that I could look at. Appreciate any info or feedback.

Comments (3)

• jwvideo
    10 years ago

Didn't know that this had reached our shores.

Very much Euro-styled (which is to say, looks very cool and very clean). Has knob controls, all down front which some will find very appealing . I see it is listed at AJ Madison. Price is high, though -- $4799.

Took a look at the specs and manuals. Oven seems small -- only 3.6 cu. ft. --- which is on par with the counterdepth Euro-style design but a lot of North Americans might find that too small. Burners seem decently powered, Could not find any specs on burner sizes but the manual did list minimum pan sizes: one will take a pan as small as 120mm (4.8 inch diameter base), two will go down to 145 mm (5.8 inches) and one goes down to 180 mm (7.2 inches). That probably translates to one 5.5 to 6 inch burner, two seven inch burners and maybe a 9 or 10 inch burner. The two matching burners are in line on one side but the largest burner is in the back.

I'm told that friend's sister in Tasmania recently ordered (and maybe received) an F&P Induction cooker. ("Cooker" is the term for a "range" in much of the rest of the English speaking world.) Seemed to me that her F&P was a 90 cm model (36-inches) when I looked it up. It also had a different burner arrangement that the 30-inch model I just looked at, but still only 4 burners due to the narrow depth. Reportedly, she likes it a lot. (I think she and her husband run a bed and breakfast). I'll see if we can get any info from her and report back if I do..

This post was edited by JWVideo on Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 3:15

• dancingqueengw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much JW. I appreciate the info you shared and will look forward to hearing any more about the range.

• Jun0
    10 years ago

We're researching the following freestanding induction ranges -
    Viking, Dacor, and Fischer and Paykel. None of the stores around here - Kansas City - have them, so I'm looking for reviews. Thanks!